Effective May 11, 2020
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley is committed to complying fully with The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 19981. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Our information collection practices are described below. While we encourage children to visit our site (https://www.rvbgc.com) and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don’t know.
THE INFORMATION Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley COLLECTS
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley collects information in several ways from different parts of this site. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley may collect personal information from you when you register with this site. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley also may ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If you contact Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley, Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including a record of your e-mail address. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- Invite you to receive periodic e-mail updates about our progress: When you accept, or “opt in,” we ask you to give us your e-mail address and respond to some questions that help us tailor our information to your interests. You can “opt out” of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Processing any online donations you make to Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley: When you donate to honor someone else, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
- Accepting your online registration at our site: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
This list is not exhaustive, but meant to give the website user an idea of the data collecting on this website.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items.
HOW BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF Round Valley USES INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ONLINE
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality to users of this site. Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley will not share personal information you submit through this site with companies not affiliated with Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley for purposes of marketing or promoting events, products, or similar items, unless such events, products, or similar items are related to Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley, and except that Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley may, from time to time, make personal information available to selected third parties, but only in the aggregate.
INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
Not selling your information – Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley will not sell, trade, rent or exchange its donor list and donor’s personal information with any other organization. From time to time Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley will share donor or prospective donor information with Clubs and/or Boys & Girls Clubs of America to ensure collaborative efforts. If an individual should request that information be shared with a Club, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley will comply with their wishes.
Use of SSL and encryption – When Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley transfers and receives certain types of sensitive information such as online donations and account information, we direct visitors to a secure server, which communicates via SSL encryption and which has been designed to reduce the possibility of interception and hacking. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when the “http” portion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley website address in your browser changes to “https.” The “s” stands for “secure.”
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley employs commercially reasonable managerial and technical measures to help protect the security and integrity of the personal information it collects online through this site. You acknowledge, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley strives to protect your personal information, Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or from this site.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER SITES/ORGANIZATIONS
We assume no liability for any unauthorized actions of third parties or accidental transmission errors that may disclose information about you, and Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley is not responsible for these other sites’ privacy practices, which may be different from Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley’s privacy practices.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. The types of donor information we collect and maintain includes:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, email address, and biographical information
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received, and special requests for program information
- Information provided in the form of comments and suggestions
We use your information to understand your interests and update you on our plans and activities. Your information is shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants on a “need-to-know” basis only. You may contact us at any time to request that we cease contacting you, and your request will be honored.
Your information will only be used within Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley. We do not share, sell or rent our donors’ information to anyone, nor do we send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF Round Valley SUPPORTS THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
CONTACTING BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF round Valley ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to review the personal information that Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley has collected about you in order to verify its accuracy and completeness, or if you have a question or complaint regarding Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley’s privacy practices, or to request that Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley delete your personal information from its records, please contact (928) 333-7824
Last updated: May 11,2020
© Boys & Girls Clubs of Round Valley. All rights reserved.
- “The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) gives parents control over what information websites can collect from their kids.” (www.ftc.gov)